Environmental Design & Research, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, & Environmental Services, D.P.C. (EDR) is offering temporary (i.e., on a per project basis) employment opportunities to qualified Archaeological Field Assistants to conduct archaeological field investigations for upcoming projects in New York, Ohio, New England, and/or the Mid-Atlantic States. Qualified candidates must have:
• at least 1-year experience conducting Phase I, II, and/or III archaeological investigations in New York, Ohio, New England, and/or the Mid-Atlantic;
• the ability to travel (locally and out of state when required);
• the ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather;
• physical endurance to conduct archaeological field surveys in remote and challenging environments;
• the ability to carry equipment (shovel and screen, GPS unit, cameras) while conducting fieldwork;
• the ability to read and understand maps;
• the ability to prepare field records and drawings; and
• a BA/BS degree in anthropology, history or related field, and completion of an archaeological field school.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm with offices in Syracuse, Rochester, and Albany, New York and Hershey, PA that has been in business for 40 years. Our senior cultural resources staff meet the Secretary of Interior’s Guidelines (per 36 CFR Part 61) in archaeology, history, and historic preservation supported by a diverse group of environmental professionals with expertise in wetland delineations, ecology, wildlife biology, botany, visual impact analysis, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), environmental permitting, community planning, landscape architecture, and engineering.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and letter of interest to [email protected] or in writing to:
Environmental Design & Research, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, & Environmental Services, D.P.C.
217 Montgomery Street, Suite 1000
Syracuse, New York 13202