This is your chance to join a skilled, successful team and work with some of the leading scientists and engineers in the renewable energy business sector. Environmental Design & Research, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, & Environmental Services, D.P.C. (EDR) is looking for someone who has both the technical and communications skills to be a key member of our excellent Women-owned Business Enterprise and add value to the work products that EDR delivers to its clients.
EDR is a leading consultant with a strong and positive presence in the renewable energy development market. We focus on the environmental analysis and permitting of significant utility-scale energy projects in both upland and offshore locations. EDR is currently seeking a full-time, versatile, team-oriented candidate with demonstrated experience in writing and editing technical reports. The qualified candidate would join EDR’s Environmental Services group, and primary responsibilities would include the preparation, review, and QA/QC of written scientific and technical documents.
These documents may range from scientific research reviews, regulatory applicability analyses, sections of complex permit applications, and environmental impact review reports produced by EDR’s various subject matter experts. The mission of the Technical Editor/Writer is to assure technical clarity, grammatical accuracy, consistency with formatting, adherence to EDR or client document standards, etc. The qualified candidate should have at least 5 years of experience preparing and/or editing written documents, excellent written and verbal communications skills, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, a high level of proficiency with word processing software, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task. Preference will be given to those candidates experienced with environmental permitting documents (e.g., Environmental Impact Statements, Wetland Delineation Reports, Cultural Resources Surveys, Visual Impact Assessments) and/or experience with the energy industry.
Location – Flexible, based on candidate experience
Experience Requirements – 5 years or more in a scientific and technical writing position or as a practicing environmental scientist with demonstrated strong writing skills
Desired Strengths –
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to actively participate in client and regulatory agency meetings
- Ability to express scientific and technical topics in language suitable for environmental regulatory permit filings, environmental impact reviews, and technical research reports.
- Ability to simplify and summarize highly technical document text for a wider audience, including the general public
- General knowledge of an array of ecological and environmental topics ranging from air quality, aquatic biology, geology, forestry, marine science, and wetland ecology.
- General knowledge of federal and state environmental regulatory processes.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years. EDR’s staff includes a diverse group of environmental professionals that includes ecologists, botanists, marine scientists, wetland specialists, wildlife biologists, GIS specialists, archaeologists, historians, visualization specialists, planners, landscape architects, and engineers. Come join our team, work on interesting and challenging projects, and collaborate with our talented group of professionals!
To apply for this position, please upload and submit your resume and cover letter below.