EDR is offering temporary (i.e., on a per-project basis) employment opportunities to qualified Archaeological Field Assistants to conduct archaeological field investigations for upcoming projects in New York, Ohio, New England, and/or the Mid-Atlantic States. Qualified candidates must:
- at least 1-year experience conducting Phase I, II, and/or III archaeological investigations in New York, Ohio, New England, and/or the Mid-Atlantic
- travel (locally and out of state when required)
- work outdoors in all kinds of weather
- physical endurance to conduct archaeological field surveys in remote and challenging environments
- carry equipment (i.e. shovel and screen, GPS unit, cameras) while conducting fieldwork
- read and understand maps
- prepare field records and drawings
- BA/BS degree in anthropology, history, or related field, and completion of an archaeological field school
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm with offices in Syracuse, Rochester, and Albany, New York, and Hershey, PA that has been in business for 40 years. Our senior cultural resources staff meet the Secretary of Interior’s Guidelines (per 36 CFR Part 61) in archaeology, history, and historic preservation supported by a diverse group of environmental professionals with expertise in wetland delineations, ecology, wildlife biology, botany, visual impact analysis, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), environmental permitting, community planning, landscape architecture, and engineering.
To apply for this position, please upload and submit your resume and cover letter below.