EDR is seeking experienced, team-oriented Archaeological Field Technicians to assist with archaeological fieldwork, laboratory analysis and/or office work. This role would be an hourly position based in the Northeastern United States and may be either remote or report to one of EDR’s offices in New York, Pennsylvania, or Ohio. To learn more about career opportunities at EDR or to apply for this position, please visit https://www.edrdpc.com/our-firm/career-opportunities.
- strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- experience conducting Phase I, II, and/or III archaeological investigations.
- the ability to travel (locally and out of state when required).
- the ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- physical endurance to conduct archaeological field surveys in remote and challenging environments.
- a positive attitude, enthusiasm for teamwork, and appreciation for both the challenges and benefits of working in an outdoor field environment.
- the ability to carry equipment (shovel and screen, GPS unit, and/or tablet) while conducting fieldwork.
- prior experience with digital data collection, such as the use of GPS, ArcGIS Online, Field Maps, and Survey 123 is preferred.
- the ability to prepare field records and drawings.
- a BA/BS degree (or completed coursework) in anthropology, history, geology, or related fields is recommended.
- prior archaeological fieldwork experience in the Northeast, Midwest, or Mid-Atlantic and/or completion of an archaeological field school
Schedule and compensation:
- Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8-hour days (40 hours weekly, off Saturday and Sunday;).
- Compensation: typically $19-$21 per hour (based on experience and work history with EDR; overtime paid for hours worked above 40)
- Lodging: single occupancy hotel room; hotel rooms can be provided over weekends for non-local staff
- Per Diem: dependent on individual project requirements but typically $50 non-receipt per diem on workdays
- Safety: all employees will adhere to EDR’s standard health & safety procedures and employment policies. EDR has and will continue to adjust our practices and policies with regard to COVID-19 to conform with evolving federal and state guidelines.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years. EDR began providing cultural resources services in 2010, and since that time has conducted hundreds of archaeological investigations, cultural resources surveys, and historic preservation projects in the Northeast, Midwest, and Mid-Atlantic. We have offices in New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.
EDR is dedicated to creating and sustaining a better environment – for our employees, clients, and communities. We are committed to providing a workplace, culture, and benefits that truly values our team members, regardless of seniority, job title, location, or discipline. At EDR, collaboration is encouraged, new ideas and opinions are sought, and every employee’s happiness, growth, satisfaction, and contribution matter.
Come join our team, work on interesting and challenging projects, and collaborate with our talented group of professionals!
To apply for this position, please upload and submit your resume and cover letter below.
In the meantime, connect with us and get to know us better!