EDR is seeking team-oriented Archaeologists with experience/interest in conducting archaeological monitoring, machine-aided archaeology, and survey fieldwork. Primary responsibilities will include archaeological monitoring and technical reporting/documentation during construction of a large transportation infrastructure project. This role would be a permanent, full-time position based in our Syracuse, NY office. This position requires residency and/or relocation to the Syracuse, NY region. The salary range is $45,000-$52,000.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- BA (or graduate degree) in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field.
- Prior experience conducting archaeological fieldwork. Preference will be given to those candidates who have prior experience in archaeological monitoring and/or machine-aided excavation (i.e., Phase II/III urban archaeology investigations).
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to prepare daily construction monitoring reports (or similar).
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm for teamwork, and appreciation for both the challenges and benefits of working in a dynamic outdoor field environment.
- Working knowledge of GIS and GPS technology, mapping, analysis, and data processing.
- Ability to travel (locally and out of state when required. Note that this position is anticipated to be primarily focused on local work in Syracuse, NY; however, occasional support for other projects requiring travel may be necessary).
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, possibly for extended hours (over 8), in a road construction setting.
- The ability to carry equipment (shovel and screen, GPS unit, camera) while conducting fieldwork.
Are you looking for a better environment for your career? EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years. Our staff includes a diverse group of environmental professionals that includes ecologists, botanists, wetland specialists, wildlife biologists, GIS specialists, archaeologists, historians, visualization specialists, planners, landscape architects, and engineers. Come join our team, work on interesting and challenging projects, and collaborate with our talented group of professionals!
To apply for this position, please upload and submit your resume and cover letter below.