Environmental Design & Research, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, & Environmental Services, D.P.C. (EDR) is seeking an experienced, team-oriented Archaeology Project Manager to join our Cultural Resources group. This role would be a full-time position based in our Syracuse, Rochester, or Albany NY offices. The successful candidate must have strong leadership skills, work well with other disciplines in a team environment, and be able to negotiate multiple concurrent projects. Must meet the minimum qualifications specified in Secretary of the Interior’s Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology and Historic Preservation (36 CFR Part 61), including a minimum MA/MS degree in anthropology, history, or related field, have at least 5 years of experience managing and directing cultural resources investigations in New York, the northeast, and/or mid-Atlantic states. as well as the following core skills/competencies:
- strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to prepare cultural resources reports;
- familiarity with both pre-contact (Native American) and historic-period archaeological sites and artifacts; and,
- demonstrated understanding of federal and state regulatory processes (e.g., NEPA, Section 106, Section 14.09, SEQRA).
Expectations for a Project Manager include:
- strong communication skills and demonstrated leadership in a team setting;
- preparation of proposals and business development experience;
- preparing and managing budgets;
- serving as the primary point of contact with clients; and the ability to solve unexpected problems.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years. EDR began providing cultural resources services in 2010, and since that time has conducted dozens of cultural resources investigations and historic preservation projects in New York State and the Northeast. Our senior cultural resources staff meet the Secretary of Interior’s Guidelines (per 36 CFR Part 61) in their respective fields. EDR’s staff includes a diverse group of environmental professionals that includes ecologists, botanists, wetland specialists, wildlife biologists, GIS specialists, archaeologists, historians, visualization specialists, planners, landscape architects, and engineers. Come join our team, work on interesting and challenging projects, and collaborate with our talented group of professionals!
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and letter of interest to [email protected].