Are you looking for a better environment for your career?
EDR is seeking an experienced, team-oriented Architectural Historian with expertise in Historic Properties and Cultural Resources Management. This role would be a full-time position based in our Columbus, OH office. We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated experience and expertise in the fields of historic preservation, architectural history, and cultural resources regulatory/permitting compliance.
The ideal candidate will have a BA or BS (MA/MS preferred) in Architecture, Historic Preservation Planning, or similar field of study and 0-5 years of experience in a similar or related role in a professional setting. Essential skills include:
- strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to prepare cultural resources reports, including historic resources surveys, heritage/preservation management plans, historic structure reports, National Register of Historic Places nominations, Historic Rehabilitation Tax-Credit Applications, and similar types of studies;
- working knowledge of GIS and GPS technology, mapping, analysis, and data processing;
- ability to independently conduct historic resources surveys, significance evaluations, and treatment recommendations;
- ability to travel (locally and out of state when required);
- ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions at times for extended hours (over 8) and/or multiple days;
- the ability to support State Historic Preservation (SHPO) consultation;
- strong research skills; and,
- understanding of federal and state regulatory processes relevant to cultural resources (e.g., NEPA, Section 106).
Preference will be given to candidates with a diverse skill set who are able to support other aspects of EDR’s workload, including assistance with research/report writing for archaeology projects, planning and/or landscape architecture projects, environmental impact assessment, GIS mapping/analysis, visual impact assessment, and/or technical report writing/editing.
EDR is dedicated to creating and sustaining a better environment – for our employees, clients, and communities.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years. Our staff includes a diverse group of environmental professionals that includes ecologists, botanists, wetland specialists, wildlife biologists, GIS specialists, archaeologists, historians, visualization specialists, planners, landscape architects, and engineers. EDR began providing cultural resources services in 2010, and since that time has conducted dozens of cultural resources investigations and historic preservation projects in Ohio and the Northeast. Our senior cultural resources staff meet the Secretary of Interior’s Guidelines (per 36 CFR Part 61) in their respective fields.
We are committed to providing a workplace, culture, and benefit/compensation set that truly values our team members, regardless of seniority, job title, location, or discipline. At EDR, collaboration is encouraged, new ideas and opinions are sought, and each and every employee’s happiness, growth, satisfaction, and contribution matter. Come join our team, work on interesting and challenging projects, and collaborate with our talented group of professionals!
To apply for this position, please upload and submit your resume and cover letter below.