EDR is seeking versatile, team-oriented candidates to join our Engineering Group as an Electrical Engineer. Our committed and qualified staff create a supportive environment for new graduates and developing professionals alike. Your expertise will contribute to ensuring the safe, efficient, and sustainable operation of vital water and wastewater treatment and conveyance systems, commercial, and institutional facilities.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, including civil, mechanical, process, and automation engineers to understand electrical needs, project objectives, critical success factors, and to develop the corresponding electrical deliverables.
- Refine your professional skills under the mentorship and direction of seasoned electrical engineering professionals.
- Participate in the evaluation and assessment of electrical systems to accommodate changes in electrical demand, improved energy efficiency, renewable and sustainable energy sources, achieve electrical resiliency, and to comply with new and emerging electrical codes.
- Design of electrical power generation, distribution and utilization systems including high-voltage main and secondary substations, power distribution equipment, protective relaying and metering, electrical power generating equipment and systems, UPS and power conditioning systems, lightning and surge protection systems, motors and motor controls, indoor/outdoor lighting systems, electrical heat tracing, wiring methods and/or grounding systems
- Prepare design documentation (specifications and drawing details) and basis of design reports to support the construction of new and electrical systems.
- Work within AutoCAD and Revit to develop detailed electrical design documents to identify equipment mounting locations, elementary wiring diagrams, panel schedules, and one-line diagrams.
- Assist in the development of power studies.
- Work from the office and collaborate with distributed teams. An estimated 20% regional travel may be expected to perform site reconnaissance, witness of electrical tests and demonstrations, and to evaluate conformance with design documents.
- Develop a solid understanding of NFPA 70 and other electrical industry codes, local codes, and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 0-4 years of related experience.
- Ability and personal interest in obtaining EIT certification and Professional Engineering license.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Excellent problem-solving, reasoning, and analytical skills with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel within the US without restriction.
The anticipated base pay range of $72,000-$85,000 per year is commensurate with experience. EDR reserves the right to pay outside of the target range based on an individual’s education, credentials, skill level and relevant experience, as well as internal pay equity, geographic location, and business needs.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years, and this position represents a career opportunity with one of the leading environmental engineering and automation consultants in the Eastern United States.
EDR’s staff includes a diverse group of environmental professionals that includes engineers, ecologists, botanists, wetland specialists, wildlife biologists, GIS specialists, archaeologists, historians, visualization specialists, planners, and landscape architects. Come join our team, work on interesting and challenging projects, and collaborate with our talented group of environmental professionals!
To apply for this position, please upload and submit your resume and cover letter below.