EDR is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer for our Syracuse, NY office. The qualified candidate will provide geotechnical engineering support to our engineering and environmental services teams in our Syracuse, Rochester, and Albany, NY offices, as well as our Hershey, PA office.
The qualified candidate will:
- Develop subsurface soil investigation programs.
- Complete data review and analytical interpretation of subsurface soil investigations.
- Calculate and recommend engineering design standards for structural foundations.
- Analyze and calculate slope stability for various soil conditions.
- Develop reports and assign civil engineering designs as part of a project team.
- Work on projects of moderate scope with complex features.
- Serve as a member of, and contribute to, teams that include civil, structural, solid waste, and wastewater/water engineers, landscape architects, environmental scientists, alternative energy specialists, planners, GIS analysts, and graphic artists to serve the specific needs of our clients.
- Have a BS in Civil Engineering with at least 5 years’ experience as a geotechnical engineer or recent graduate with an MS in Geotechnical Engineering.
The anticipated base pay range of $75,000-$90,000 per year is commensurate with experience. EDR reserves the right to pay outside of the target range based on an individual’s education, credentials, skill level and relevant experience, as well as internal pay equity, geographic location, and business needs.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years. EDR’s staff includes a diverse group of civil engineers, water and wastewater process engineers, electrical and instrumentation engineers, structural engineers, environmental permitting professionals, and landscape architects. Come join our team, work on interesting and challenging projects, and collaborate with our talented group of professionals!
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume below.