Are you looking for a better environment for your career?
EDR is seeking an experienced, team-oriented Senior Architectural Historian or Historic Preservation Project Manager with demonstrated expertise in Historic Properties and Cultural Resources Management. This role will be focused on serving as the Principal Investigator and/or Project Manager for cultural resources surveys and assessments for large-scale transportation, renewable energy, and infrastructure projects (including Offshore Wind Energy Projects). This role would be a full-time position based in the Mid-Atlantic or Northeastern United States and may be either remote or report to one of EDR’s offices in New York, Pennsylvania, or Ohio.
The ideal candidate will meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications in History, Historic Preservation, and/or Architectural History (36 CFR Part 61) and have a MA/MS in Historic Preservation Planning, History, or similar field of study. This is a senior technical role requiring 10 years of experience in a similar or related position in a professional setting. Essential skills include:
- Demonstrated experience managing and navigating complex project reviews under Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Demonstrated experience managing client and agency communications during large, complex cultural resources reviews, including State Historic Preservation Offices (SHPOs), other federal and state agencies, and similar stakeholders/consulting parties.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing National Register of Historic Places eligibility assessments and evaluation of adverse effects to a wide variety of historic properties.
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to prepare and review cultural resources reports, including historic resources surveys, Section 106 Memoranda of Agreement or Programmatic agreements, cultural resources mitigation plans, heritage/preservation treatment and management plans, historic structure reports, National Register of Historic Places nominations, Historic Rehabilitation Tax-Credit Applications, and similar types of studies.
- Working knowledge of GIS and GPS technology, mapping, analysis, and data processing.
- Ability to travel (locally and out of state when required).
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions at times for extended hours (over 8) and multiple days.
Preference will be given to candidates with a diverse skillset who are able to support EDR’s related client services, including assistance with research/report writing for archaeology projects, planning and/or landscape architecture projects, environmental impact assessment, GIS mapping/analysis, visual impact assessment, and/or technical report writing/editing.
EDR is dedicated to creating and sustaining a better environment – for our employees, clients, and communities.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years. Our staff includes a diverse group of environmental professionals that includes ecologists, botanists, wetland specialists, wildlife biologists, GIS specialists, archaeologists, historians, visualization specialists, planners, landscape architects, and engineers. EDR began providing cultural resources services in 2010, and since that time has conducted dozens of cultural resources investigations and historic preservation projects in the Mid-Atlantic and the Northeast. Our senior cultural resources staff meet the Secretary of Interior’s Guidelines (per 36 CFR Part 61) in their respective fields.
We are committed to providing a workplace, culture, and benefit/compensation set that truly values our team members, regardless of seniority, job title, location, or discipline. At EDR, collaboration is encouraged, new ideas and opinions are sought, and every employee’s happiness, growth, satisfaction, and contribution matter. Come join our team, work on interesting and challenging projects, and collaborate with our talented group of professionals!
To apply for this position, please upload and submit your resume and cover letter below.