EDR is seeking versatile, team-oriented candidates to join our Planning group. Qualified Senior Environmental Planners will have:
- At least 7 years of experience in environmental planning, including the evaluation of development projects to avoid, minimize, and mitigate environmental impacts, preparation of associated reports, and facilitate environmental permitting.
- Substantive experience with the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Strong technical writing skills, GIS abilities, and task management skills, including an ability to oversee the production of resource studies and permit applications, coordinate with/delegate to internal coworkers, and consult with clients, permitting attorneys, and regulatory personnel.
- An ability to represent EDR technically and professionally at project-specific meetings and professional conferences.
- A minimum BS degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning or a related field.
The anticipated base pay range of $70,000-$85,000 per year is commensurate with experience. EDR reserves the right to pay outside of the target range based on an individual’s education, credentials, skill level and relevant experience, as well as internal pay equity, geographic location, and business needs.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years. EDR is dedicated to creating and sustaining a better environment – for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We are committed to providing a workplace, culture, and benefit/compensation set that truly values our team members, regardless of seniority, job title, location, or discipline. At EDR, collaboration is encouraged, new ideas and opinions are sought, and every employee’s happiness, growth, satisfaction, and contribution matter. At EDR, our planning practice is supported by a diverse group of professionals that includes ecologists, botanists, wetland specialists, wildlife biologists, GIS specialists, archaeologists, historians, visualization specialists, landscape architects, and engineers.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume below.