Environmental Design & Research, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, & Environmental Services, D.P.C. (EDR) is seeking a versatile, team-oriented candidate with demonstrated experience and success conducting Visual Impact Assessment (or VIA) studies to join our Environmental Services Group. The assessment of aesthetic resources and visual impact is a cornerstone of EDR’s practice. Our visualization and VIA projects have gained national attention and we are considered one of the leading VIA practitioners in the northeastern United States. Much of our practice supports the renewable energy development market and EDR’s assessments of the growing number of offshore wind energy projects are particularly noteworthy. The qualified candidate for this position should have:
- At least seven (7) years of experience in visual impact analysis and environmental permitting;
- Practiced understanding of environmental permitting regulations and requirements, such as the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), BOEM’s regulations for its Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Renewable Energy Program, the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), and/or other state siting/permitting regulations;
- Strong organizational, writing, and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated project management success; and
- A minimum BS/BA degree in landscape architecture, environmental science, or other related field applicable to visual impact assessment.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience conducting VIA studies in support of environmental permitting for energy generation/transmission projects and/or transportation projects and a demonstrated ability to use visualization software programs to create visual simulations.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and letter of interest to [email protected].