Environmental Design & Research, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, & Environmental Services, D.P.C. (EDR) is seeking a versatile, team-oriented candidate to join our Visualization Services Group. Our Visual Impact Assessment (VIA) projects have gained national attention and we are considered one of the leading VIA practitioners in the United States. Much of our visualization practice supports the renewable energy market, including offshore wind energy projects and land-based wind and solar energy projects. The successful candidate will have experience conducting visual assessments and regulatory permitting, which may include:
- Practiced understanding of environmental permitting regulations and requirements, such as the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), BOEM’s regulations for its Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Renewable Energy Program, the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), Ohio Power Siting Board (OPSB) regulations, and/or other state siting/permitting regulations;
- A working knowledge and understanding of visualization software programs;
- Strong organizational, writing, and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively and collaboratively in a team setting; and
- Degree, practice, and/or training in planning concepts, landscape architecture, environmental science, or other related field applicable to visual impact assessment.
Consideration will be given to experienced practitioners as well as individuals without direct experience that can demonstrate a commitment to the profession of visual resource assessment, exceptional organizational, task management, and technical writing skills.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years. This position represents a career opportunity with one of the leading renewable energy permitting consultants in the Eastern United States. Significant milestones in our portfolio include the first Article 10 Application submitted for an energy generation project in New York (Cassadaga Wind), the largest proposed utility-scale solar project in Maryland (Great Bay Solar), the first wind energy project built in New York (Madison), the first wind energy project approved in Ohio (Buckeye), the first approved offshore wind project (Cape Wind), the first operating off-shore wind project (Block Island), the first proposed offshore wind project in the Great Lakes (Project Icebreaker), the largest wind energy project in the Northeast (Maple Ridge), and the first wind energy project proposed on National Forest Service Lands (Deerfield Wind). Our experience on these projects, along with many other ongoing/active projects, incorporates all aspects of environmental impact analysis and permitting, which includes preparation of environmental impact statements and siting board applications in addition to various support studies and permit applications.
EDR’s staff includes a diverse group of professionals that includes ecologists, botanists, wetland specialists, wildlife biologists, GIS specialists, archaeologists, historians, visualization specialists, planners, landscape architects, and engineers. Come join our team, work on interesting and challenging projects, and collaborate with our talented group of professionals!
To apply for this position, please upload and submit your resume and cover letter below.