Environmental Design & Research, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, & Environmental Services, D.P.C. (EDR) is seeking a versatile, team oriented candidate with demonstrated experience and success conducting Visual Impact Assessment (or VIA) studies to join our Environmental Services Group. The assessment of aesthetic resources and visual impact is a cornerstone of EDR’s practice. Our visualization and VIA projects have gained national attention and we are considered one of the leading environmental consulting firms that practices VIA in the northeastern United States. The qualified candidate for this position will have:
- at least 5 years of experience in visual impact analysis and environmental permitting;
- strong organizational, writing, and verbal communication skills;
- a minimum BS/BA degree in landscape architecture, environmental science, or other related field applicable to visual impact assessment;
- a strong understanding of visualization software and methods (e.g., AutoCAD, 3D StudioMax, Photoshop), photography, GIS, and their associated value to environmental impact assessment;
- a practiced understanding of environmental permitting regulations and requirements, such as the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), and/or state siting/permitting regulations.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience conducting VIA studies in support of environmental permitting for energy generation/transmission projects and/or transportation projects and a practiced ability to use visualization software programs to create visual simulations.