Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc.
Quebec, Canada to Astoria, Queens, NY
EDR’s acts as the State Siting and Permitting Manager for the preparation of Environmental Management & Construction Plans (EM&CPs) for 110-miles of overland high voltage direct current (HVDC) cable. EDR manages the preparation of documents (e.g., template, format, consistency) to be filed with the Public Service Commission (PSC) and/or Department of Public Service (DPS) staff.
EDR also provides routine support for the following:
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) permit modification coordination
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) coordination of rare, threatened, or endangered species and habitat
- Stormwater management and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) coordination with local municipalities
- Development of Maintenance and Protection of Traffic (MPT) plans
- Weekly agency coordination on behalf of the Project
- Preparation of EM&CP reports and appendices
EDR’s technical and subject matter experts assist the overland Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contractor in their development of the necessary Siting and Permitting plan, as well as for a new converter station in New York City.