Oneida Nation Enterprises
Village of White Pine, NY
In 2020, the Nation expressed interest in developing 300+acres of land within the bounds of the Oneida Indian Nation, near the Village of White Pine and Territory Road, for residential and tribal use. The scope of work for the entire 5-year master plan (Phases 1-4) includes road extensions, construction of single-family residential housing, development of trail system for tribal use, evaluation and extension of existing utility systems, stormwater management facilities to meet requirements of the Nation, grading and configuration of existing trail areas to enhance use and site amenities, as well as a new community recreational facility.
Phase 1 supported extension of connector road including sidewalks, planting strips, lighting, and elevation changes to create character and visual interest.
Phase 2 will support development of green open space (grassland and shrubland), a portion of the trail system and formal recreational program opportunities (new play fields), new community recreational facility, connector road extension, and an addition to the existing residential neighborhood, is currently underway.
The project is located on several parcels, all of which currently held in trust by the Nation.
EDR provided the landscape architecture and civil engineering services for the project, which included:
- Design of 83,200 feet of new residential roads including utility lateral layouts
- 6800 feet of new storm sewers
- 5900 feet of new sanitary sewers
- 90,000 feet of new new watermains including a new 300,000 gallon water tank
- Stormwater management for the project which included 2 acre-feet of stormwater quality basins and 29 acre feet of stormwater detention
- Design of two concrete box culverts
- 3,250 feet of new residential roads including utility lateral layouts
- 6,800 feet of new storm sewers
- 5,848 feet of new sanitary sewers
- 89,800 feet of new watermains including a new 300,000-gallon water storage tank
- 2 acre-feet of stormwater quality basins
- 29 acre-feet of stormwater det
- 249 feet of concrete box culverts
- 142 feet of steel plate arch culverts