Congratulations to the developers of the Addis Company Building, the Downtown Committee of Syracuse and the Greater Syracuse Land Bank on initiating redevelopment of this important historic property located at 449-453 South Salina Street along downtown’s primary commercial corridor. The building was constructed in 1928 and opened in 1929, and includes one of the most intact Art Deco facades on a commercial building in all of downtown Syracuse. EDR prepared a boundary expansion nomination for the South Salina Street Downtown Historic District that included the Addis Company Building, and was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2014. This listing has enabled the Addis Company Building to qualify for federal and state historic tax credits that will contribute to the $5.6 million redevelopment of this important piece of the commercial history of South Salina Street and help restore vibrancy to the urban fabric of downtown Syracuse.
For More InformationGrant S. Johnson | Senior Cultural Resources Specialist